Sunday, September 11, 2011
Wednesday, August 31, 2011
Saturday, August 27, 2011
Tuesday, August 23, 2011
Friday, August 19, 2011
Thursday, August 18, 2011
I made a new canvas for my room.. one of my favorite quotes from Che Guevara in The Motorcycle Diaries.
Monday, August 8, 2011
Monday, August 1, 2011
Friday, July 29, 2011
Wednesday, July 20, 2011
- I "unfriend" people on Facebook on their birthdays if I don't recognize them. If I woudn't talk to you in person, I definitely won't on Facebook. So, "Happy birthday. It was nice to never actually know you. Bye." I hope all of you readers survive "The Purge".
- I recently watched A Knight's Tale. And cried. Multiple times throughout.
- I've read every single magazine in Metropolis Salon. I'm talkin' every. last. one.
- The girl at the Sno Cone stand by my house knows me by name.
- I've had 3 different nightmares about my students revolting on my first day of teaching.
- Celine Dion's "Power of Love (Cause I'm Your Lady)" came up on suffle. And I belted it. Twice.
Friday, July 15, 2011
Subject: What if I did pageants?
Length of conversation: Entirely too long
Result: Abs are sore from laughing so hard
This conversation prompted a series of questions:
WHAT would my talent be?
Is dribbling a basketball considered a talent?
If dribbling a basketball was my talent, what would be the appropriate outfit?
But really, what if you have a talent like.... equestrian horseback riding?
Could one show a video of one's horseback riding?
Are all talents limited to attempts at singing and dancing?
What talents besides these are really conducive to fitting on a stage?
What if you're an artist?
Would someone with actual artistic talent be in a pageant in the first place?
Is graceful a word I would use to describe myself...?
The thought of me doing a pageant maybe shouldn't be as funny as it actually is. But hey, at least I got a good ab workout in.
Saturday, July 9, 2011
Friday, July 8, 2011
Wednesday, June 29, 2011
Saturday, June 25, 2011
Thursday, June 23, 2011
Tuesday, June 7, 2011
Monday, June 6, 2011
Friday, May 20, 2011
Saturday, April 9, 2011
Thursday, March 31, 2011
Friday, March 4, 2011
Tuesday, March 1, 2011
If I’m in the continental U.S. this summer, consider me already here. With the exception of Sarah McLachlan, I’m incredibly excited to see these bands live!
2011 Telluride Bluegrass Lineup
Robert Plant & Band of Joy
Telluride House Band featuring Sam, Béla, Jerry, Edgar, Bryan & Stuart
Sam Bush Band
Béla Fleck & the Original Flecktones
Yonder Mountain String Band
Mumford & Sons
Steve Earle & the Dukes
Tim O'Brien Band
Old Crow Medicine Show
Peter Rowan Bluegrass Band
Tim O'Brien & Kevin Burke
The Infamous Stringdusters
Trampled by Turtles
Michael Cleveland & Flamekeeper
The Head and The Heart
Nora Jane Struthers & the Bootleggers
And more still to be announced...
Saturday, February 26, 2011
Tuesday, February 22, 2011
Monday, February 21, 2011
- I’m a list-maker. Hence, the list. I also like to hyphenate words. Hence, list-maker.
- I wish everyone had to pay me a nickel for every time they mispronounced my name. Dr. McComas would be broke.
- My dad taught me that if I can’t say anything nice, I should at least make it funny... which usually resulted in my mom washing my mouth out with soap.
- My mom put me on Slim-Fast in 3rd grade. Apparently, she wanted me to move on from my elastic khaki pants to something slightly more fashionable. Although, I don’t know what could be.
- But if my mom was so concerned about my fashion, why did I have a bowl cut for a major portion of my childhood?
- I watch SportsCenter more than your average girl.
- I’ve attended more baseball games than most middle-aged men.
- I was a lifeguard for 5 Summers. If my calculations are correct, I’ve wasted approximately 2,560 hours of my life. And saved none.
-If I owned a bookstore, I’d make the mystery section really hard to find.
- I once quit texting someone altogether because he used too many emoticons. The smiley faces after every sentence were a little unnecessary. It had to end. And so it did.
- My theory on evolution is that Darwin was adopted.
- I’d like to go to Sonic later and order the best “suicide” ever.
- I plan to be spontaneous someday.
- All my years of watching Matlock will pay off some day.
Sunday, February 13, 2011
Uploaded by yardie4lifever2. - See video of the biggest web video personalities.